Monday, August 18, 2014

A Volunteer Quilt

It's been a lovely summer.






I had hoped to have 3 graduation quilts completed before we went on vacation with the graduation boys and their families in early July.

One was completed last week.

Luckily, the moms of these boys are my dear friends and completely understand me and how it is that I roll.


This first one is Tim's.  He graduated from the University of Tennessee with an engineering degree in May.  I had been thinking about this quilt and collecting oranges for a few months.  5" squares set in a checkerboard, (a la the UT end zones) machine quilted with an X.  Then, because Tim is also a Chicago Bears fan, I bound the quilt in deep navy blue



and added blue strips on the back side.


Happy graduation, sweet guy.





PS  I took these pictures at my sister's house.  How cute is that bike?

No comments:

Post a Comment