Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Layer Cake Sampler Quilt -- Blocks 9 and 10

Here are my next two blocks in the Layer Cake Sampler QAL hosted by Material Girl, Amanda.

I've seen this block called "Windblown Square" in quilt books.  I really like this one.


And  I found one reference to this one which names it "Octagon,"  but I'm not really sure why.
 I had big trouble with this one -- my points just weren't coming together correctly.  But I purchased a new ruler mentioned by one of the participating bloggers and I think my next two squares will come together much better.  (I'll let you know!)  Plus, Amanda has linked to some good sites for piecing advice, which I'm going to go read right now, before I start on 11 and 12.  Today, I am 4 blocks behind -- Friday, I will be 6 behind!

And here are my wonderful prizes which arrived yesterday:

The jelly roll is a beautiful spring palette, designed by Marjolein Baslin -- I love her watercolor greeting cards, but I didn't know she was a fabric designer, too.  I can't wait to make something from this bundle.  And, I can't wait to paint my nails, but I think I'll wait until after I get back from retreat at the CYO camp this weekend. Many thanks to Heather at CT for donating this prize!

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment